Part of Encocam, Herald Motor Company is a vibrant brand specialising in head turning, retro styled, affordable motorcycles. Our team is growing and we are looking for enthusiastic people to join us on our journey!
Parts & Warranty Administrator
Herald motorcycles are looking for a new Parts & Warranty Administrator for our HQ in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire. Herald is a division of Encocam Ltd.
You will be working in the office next to the workshop where the Motorcycle Technicians are assembling the bikes. Our Parts are stored in racking above on a mezzanine level. The administrator will be speaking with bikers and liaising with the dealers; therefore, motorcycle knowledge is essential for the success of this role.
You will also be responsible for updating the computer system and completing paperwork for any warranty claims. Check out the Herald website for the current range of bikes, with the launch of the new Brute 500 the big focus for next year!
If you are a Motorcycle enthusiast or a Motorcycle Tech looking for a different position within the industry, maybe this is the change you were looking for.
Key tasks and responsibilities of the role are:
- Picking and packing parts to be dispatched in a timely manner
- Raising Purchase Orders to ensure parts and supplies are in good stock to allow smooth running of the workshop and parts department.
- Support the sales team in managing relationships with dealers, providing prompt responses to enquiries etc
- Adhere to administrative procedures using the appropriate IT systems (MS office, CRM, databases, and ERP systems) and records.
- Be confident in raising auditable paperwork like invoices.
- Maintain, develop, and build long-term relationships.
- Promote the brand at every opportunity.
- Assist in the organisation of motorcycles exhibitions: this will include liaising with the marketing and external stakeholders. You may be required to attend exhibitions to support and market the brand.
- To assist the Parts and Aftersales Manager where necessary.
You will have excellent customer skills and experience of using computer systems along with a good working knowledge of motorcycles and the parts that make up a bike. With strong communication skills you will be the go-to point for enquiries from dealers, colleagues and purchasers of Herald bikes.
For a full job description please contact Encocam’s Recruitment Team.
If you’re an administrator with a passion for bikes, this could be the perfect position for you. Send us your CV along with a covering letter detailing the part motorcycles play in your life.
Herald is a division of Encocam Ltd.
Herald Motorcycle Lead Engineer
Herald Motor Company are recruiting a new Motorcycle Lead Engineer for the design and development of new bikes and other related products. You will be based at our new premises in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.
Herald are looking to the future as we build and manufacture our own British built bikes using our own in-house engineering expertise. The starting point for this is the Brute 500 which we will start producing on site in Huntingdon later this year.
As Motorcycle Lead Engineer, you will take responsibility for the efficient delivery of projects from initial concept through to production handover, creating innovative, unique, and thoroughly engineered products whilst ensuring that performance, cost, timing, manufacturing and legislative requirements are met.
The range of responsibilities and tasks includes:
- Be the technical lead responsible for the overall engineering concept and strategy, producing the necessary technical documents and reports for key stakeholders.
- Critically assess and review prototype builds, ensuring projects have the Herald Motorcycles ‘look’ as agreed with Sales and Senior Management.
- Safety of operation is critical for motorcycle design; you will need to understand all issues relating to safety.
- You will use appropriate tools (computer simulation and physical testing) to create an auditable log of validation and verification of designs.
- Plan and implement the test and development program to ensure all performance requirements are achieved.
- Manage the development team. Formulate and implement the team’s overall strategy and objectives. Assign tasks and responsibilities as required and monitor and approve their output.
- Create and ensure engineering drawings are produced to a high standard and meet the requirements of BS 8888.
- Work with external agencies as required (e.g. homologation authorities, testing organisations).
- Identify and source Regulations and Standards to support product development and monitor changes in legislation relating to the motorcycle industry.
- Research and investigate technologies and processes to ensure that the Company remains aware of latest developments.
- Be prepared to travel nationally and internationally to see suppliers or support sales.
You will need to have experience in motorcycle design and development, with a good understanding of verification and validation. You will be highly competent in CAD, preferably SolidWorks, be a creative problem solver and enthusiastic about motorcycles to help take Herald on the next stage of its development.
Full job description is available from Herald’s Recruitment Coordinator.
If you think you’re the Engineer got the skills and talents to fulfil the role, send us your CV today.
Motorcycle Production Engineer
Herald Motor Company are now recruiting a Motorcycle Production Engineer to work on their new Brute 500 at our production facility in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.
We are passionate about motorcycles and are developing a range of in-house designed bikes that need a good engineer to ensure production runs smoothly. The role will rely on your motorcycle knowledge to ensure that all aspects that influence bike manufacturing are accounted for; from managing an MRP system to designing the assembly cells for the bikes.
Our Brute 500 model, a British built classic, is nearing completion of its design and testing; so you will help get this through the last stages before production begins in the Autumn.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Formulate and implement the team’s overall strategy and objectives for motorcycle production.
- Help to set up and run our MRP system to ensure that purchased and manufactured parts are in stock and available.
- Develop a kitting system to ensure that all parts are quality inspected, available and on time at the point of assembly.
- Oversee and help manage the development of assembly instructions to ensure that each bike is assembled in exactly the right order and to the right specification/ settings.
- Work with the Quality department to ensure that inspection points are standardized and measured in order to produce a safe and quality product.
- Ensure that any staff involved in the assembly of the bikes are competent and fully trained.
- Work with and build on the company’s approach to continuous improvement/ 5S.
- Ensure that we meet required legislation for motorcycle manufacture.
- Ensure that all assembly is ergonomically designed and meets all H&S requirements.
- Be proactive in quickly sorting out any production issues, a ‘thinking outside of the box’ mindset may be required.
- All build data for each bike to be logged.
- Establish a tight working partnership with the Motorcycle Design team, contribute to designs where necessary.
Full job description available from Herald Recruitment upon request.
If you’re an Engineer who loves Motorbikes and think you’d be suitable for this role, then send us your CV today for consideration.
The range of responsibilities and tasks includes:
- Assembling motorcycles and associated subassemblies.
- Monitoring the work of any production operatives, trainees or apprentices.
- Ensuring all motorcycles are built accurately and consistently following build processes and with inspection checklists completed and approved.
- Running the motorcycle through end of line checks on the rolling road. Recording, analysing and archiving results. Liaising with the Quality Inspector for the rectification of any issues found.
- Ensure all production documentation is in place and that all regulatory requirements are met.
- Use of inspection checklists to audit own work.
- Assist the Quality Inspector in resolving any issues found during the build and putting into place corrective actions.
- Provide support to the Engineering and Product Development team with developing the build sequence, build instructions and inspection checklists for new models.
- Assist with the build of prototype preproduction motorcycles as required.
You will need to have good experience of the motorcycle assembly and/or maintenance. You will be able to follow assembly instructions and be competent using tools, along with computer equipment for testing bikes.
You will be happy representing Herald at trade shows and ensuring the company can continue its dedication and devotion to develop the next generation of bikes.
Recruitment is currently on hold for this role as the Brute hasn’t quite finished its testing yet. We will be picking this up again in the summer but if you want to submit your details in the meantime; Please email CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll let you know when this changes.
Herald Motor Company are now recruiting for a new Motorcycle Technician.
As we continue to expand our range and build the Herald brand we are now looking for another Motorcycle Technician to join our workshop team. You will be involved in building motorcycles as well as undertaking any maintenance or repairs as required. You will also help trainees or apprentices.
As required, you will support the sales processes of bikes and spare parts including deliveries to dealers as well as learn bike build processes to support the operations of the Workshop.
Your tasks and responsibilities will include:
- De-crating and assembling bikes following build processes.
- Provide high quality customer service by phone/email/face to face enquiries.
- Deliver bikes to dealers in coordination with the Sales Team to ensure the efficient operation of sales.
- Support Spare Parts operations as required using the procedures and systems as advised – i.e. picking items for despatch and recording sales appropriately.
- Ensure a professional, quality service (external and internal) is provided at all times throughout the various stages of sales and aftersales.
- Take part in project work and bike development proposals with practical and commercially feasible options, planning and delivery as required.
- Represent the Company at trade shows or exhibitions and other relevant bodies to promote Herald Motor Company proactively.
- Any additional work identified as necessary for the smooth operation of the business.
You will be a qualified motorbike Technician with experience of working in the motorbike industry. You will be a team player with strong communication skills and the ability to establish good relationships with colleagues and customers. You will also have a passion for the motorbike industry and be flexible in terms of working hours and be able to travel to dealers and exhibitions as required.
Encocam is an engineering and manufacturing company with a passion for developing practical, well designed engineering solutions. We have a hunger for testing our skills and capabilities to the max – as well as challenging conventional solutions: it ensures no two days are ever the same!
We invest in our people, processes, facilities and capabilities to ensure everyone has opportunities to develop, try new experiences and progress while balancing lives and demands. We find this ensures the team can give their very best to the customer with enthusiasm and drive.
In short Encocam is a business with a big attitude and even bigger ambitions; delivering quality and value to our customers across the world.
Our benefits include:
- Generous Employee Referral Scheme
- Healthcare cover
- Bike-2-Work Scheme
- Learning and Development Opportunities
If you wish to join our journey and feel you have the right skills to help us grow, then send us your CV today!
We recruit, develop and employ people on the basis of their qualifications, skills and experience for the work to be performed regardless of and irrespective of their sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability or religious beliefs. The object of the Company’s recruitment and selection procedures is to give both men and women every chance to reach, without impediment, the highest levels of responsibility within the organization.
It is the Company’s policy to employ and provide a suitable environment for disabled people whenever possible. All reasonable facilities will be provided for disabled people to pursue their careers without difficulty or disadvantage.
The Company expects each member of staff to enter into the spirit of the policy and to ensure that a positive equal opportunities climate exists by treating others on their merits and by disassociating themselves from any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimization, or sexual, racial or any other type of harassment.
Send a copy of your CV and a Covering Letter to email@example.com