We’ve launched our new Herald Speciality Coffee blend! The coffee beans are roasted in small batches in Cambridgeshire and when ground can be used in cafetières, filter, moka and espresso coffees.
The blend combines a sweet medium bodied bean from the Cerrado, a tropical savanna ecoregion in the centre of Brazil, with a Grade 1 Southern Ethiopian bean. When selecting our coffee we chose a blend that consisted entirely of Arabica beans. This coffee is grown at higher altitudes than Robusta. It’s harder to grow due to lower tolerance to disease but it tastes better.
Herald is probably better known for our head-turning motorcycles and apparel. However, coffee felt like the next step in expanding our lifestyle range. Currently it’s available to purchase as whole beans or filter coffee to be consumed at home, but we are looking forward to exploring other options.
Energy Booster Recipe
- Double espresso: 15g ground coffee
- Drinking chocolate: 1 tablespoon
- Double cream: 80 ml
- Sugar: 2 teaspoons (adjust to taste)
- Hot water
- Prepare coffee in an espresso machine, filter or cafetière.
- Put the drinking chocolate powder in a large mug.
- Add the coffee and stir well.
- Add the double cream and sugar.
- Top up with hot water to make up to 200 ml.